This electrically operated vacuum breaker was designed and built by Power Precision to install in existing 13.8kV Magne-blast switchgear.
Advantages of this new 13.8kV Vacuum Breaker include
- Electrically operated mechanism
- eliminates high force impacts of the mechanical opening and closing mechanisms.
- eliminates wear and failures related to mechanical spring energy storage mechanisms
- less maintenance
- ideal for frequently operated circuits such as motor feeders.
- lighter weight reducing wear on breaker lifting mechanisms.
- faster operating time reducing arc flash energy.
- Vacuum enclosed contacts for improved safety and reliability.
- No asbestos containing arc chutes.
- Mechanical and electrical interlocks to mate with existing switchgear.
- Upgrade one breaker at a time on scheduled outages with no additional downtime.